We have all worked in senior NHS positions and have considerable experience in management consultancy and coaching for clients in the NHS, social care, private organisations, charities and universities. We are all based in and around Bristol, but we are happy to work across the South West and wider.
Our profiles are set out in the following pages and testimonials and references are available on request.
Kate specialises in:
- Executive coaching for leadership development of senior staff within business, to improve individual and organisational performance by unlocking hidden potential.
- Career development
- Coaching for performance in challenging and complex environments
- Project Management
- Design and delivery of workshops and training programmes including: Leadership;Transition and Change;Performance Management; Coaching and Enhanced Interpersonal Skills; A coaching approach to 'Befriending'
- Organisational change management, transition and transformation of services
- Service review and improvement (recently reviewed palliative care services across Somerset with a local hospice and PWC)
- Bid writing for business tenders particularly in relation to Community Health Services
Kate’s skills and knowledge also include:
- Highly effective facilitation
- Quickly building rapport and gaining confidence of individuals and audiences
- Strong presentation skills
- Robust project management
- Investigations and report writing
- An extensive understanding of the public sector and large organisations
With an extensive background in nursing Kate has had a number of senior clinical and management leadership posts in the NHS both in acute and community setting. Kate’s experience at Director level gives her a real insight and empathy with the type of common issues, pressures and challenges those leaders within organisations face on a daily basis.
Kate brings a professional energy and enthusiasm to organisations she works with both as an independent consultant and as a lead member of Bristol Consultancy & Coaching. To get in touch or find out more about how we can help you please go to our ‘Contact Us’ page or follow the link: http://www.bristolconsultancyandcoaching.co.uk/Contact-Us.html
Jane specialises in:
- Executive coaching
- Leadership development at
individual and team level.
and development of teams, some of
which have experienced chronic conflict, others are newly formed and
‘finding their feet’, others are well established and wish to ensure
medical Consultant’s and GP’s in coaching skills
Jane brings an enthusiasm and care to
her clients, building trust and strong professional relationships with them. Some common
challenges Jane has worked through with clients include
the delivery of complex agendas and organisational change·
staff when only trained in a technical, academic or clinical discipline
conflict - Keeping
the desired alignment between who they are and what is expected of them by
has had a varied career and worked for many years on the management committees
of voluntary sector organization. She
has been a non-executive director of a Health Authority, founding Chair of a
Community and Mental Health NHS Trust, a Local Councillor and Director of Development in NHS Personnel.
has worked as a consultant for the past 18 years, including as a successful
freelance consultant for 11 years.
Recent clients include senior staff in the NHS, SW post graduate medical
deaneries, Health and Social Care organisations in N. Ireland, and Bristol and
South West Universities.
Caroline specialises in:
- Coaching and mentoring to deliver Organisation and
Personal Development in the context of change and team development
- Performance Management
- Medical Appraisal and Revalidation through
Edgecumbe Consulting Group
- Lecturing for Medical Leadership programmes
- Facilitation and Action Learning Facilitation
Caroline is a Fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and
Development and has over 20 years Human Resources and Organisational
Development experience both within the private and public sectors. Caroline
currently works with a variety of staff in the NHS, social care, academic
community, financial services and engineering sectors on finding solutions to
real work based problems
Caroline’s strengths include:
- Sensitivity and
responsiveness to the challenges clients face
- Inspiration driven
through my enthusiasm, energy, creativity and commitment.
- A facilitative approach
Caroline help clients to think outside the box, being creative, thinking
deeply about what really matters, and empowering them to finding solutions to
their own challenges in a productive and satisfying way.
Gill specialises in:
- Service and organisational
- Quality assessments
- Project management.
Gill’s particular skills are in:
- Reviewing services against
- Commissioning services
- Researching information to
analyse problems related to service delivery and coming up with solutions
- Creating a project plan and
ensuring it is actually completed on time, in budget and ensuring
attention is paid to the detailed delivery.
In the last few years as a
freelance Consultant her work has included:
- Developing a New Zealand national wide intervention programme for family
members with addiction problems. Giving specialist skills on training of
practitioners and evaluation
- Advising on an Australian national programme for family members with
addiction problems. Given training on project management systems, and training
- Project Consultant for Sangath which is a large Non Government Organisation in Goa, India - developed project management systems for major research projects and systems to train and develop staff
- Project Consultant to review thirty years of bids given out by Alcohol Research UK and develop future metrics
- Lead Assessor internationally for assessments of competency in Step Method Practice & Training (a
counselling intervention for family members affected by addiction problems)
- Management Consultant to review commissioning of Bristol specialist dental services - produced new referral and information pack for all dental services to use who refer patients to Bristol Dental Hospital
- Interim Chief Operating Officer/Director of Development (5 months) for the West of England Academic Science Health Network. Reviewed all business operating systems (e.g. finance and budget;development of performance/metrics;governance;performance reports for Senior Executive Team)
Gill has worked in the health service for 25 years and was Chief Officer of a Primary Care Group, Director of Primary Care within a large PCT, Project Director for large-scale major projects and Manager of county-wide Health Promotion Services. Key achievements include:
- Delivery of major procurement projects such as children’s health services
- Delivery on the Dental and GP contracts across five Primary Care Trusts
- Merger programmes of Primary Care Trusts
- Development of award winning services
- Development of performance and outcomes frameworks
- Review of the work in primary care for national audits and performance
All of this work has been commended for being delivered to a very high standard and on time. Because of Gill’s breath of experience, she also has a good understanding of person management, estates, governance, IT, and finance and so can quickly get to grips with the background knowledge and issues of any project.
Change Management, Programme and Project Management
workforce / Human Resources
Coaching and Career Management
Glenys is a
Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Personnel and Development and has
had a career in Human Resources with both managerial and consultancy experience
gained in the private sector initially and working in the NHS for over 25
years. She worked as Head of HR for an
NHS Trust prior to holding Director level positions in an NHS HR Trading Agency
and a private Consultancy business.
Glenys set up her
own independent HR Consultancy, in February 2009 to facilitate leadership and
organisational change. She understands
the challenges facing organisations striving to increase efficiency whilst
engaging with staff to deliver high standards of service delivery, in an
environment of constant change and financial pressures. Glenys has experience
of supporting a wide range of organisations, primarily NHS Trusts, the former Strategic
Health Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups and General Practice.
include her knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of employment
alongside her analytical, interpersonal and facilitative skills. She is able to handle sensitive issues in a
non-judgemental and professional manner.
Glenys is also a
Trustee for Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance and for Weston HospiceCare.